Sunday, August 15, 2010

OMG this has been an experience to say the least. Grab a soda and a snack sit back and enjoy my days from HELL…

On Monday I went on line to check out the pricing of Dish and to make sure this is the way that I really wanted to go… I filled out part of a form got the pricing information that I wanted. I logged off and about 30 minutes later I get a call, asking if I am ready to sign up…

Me: Not right now I am at work and can not take the time to do it just now; I will call you when I am ready.
Them:  well it will only take a few minutes of your time
Me: no I am at work I will call later
Them: OK what time is good to call you back?
Me: depends on traffic, but I will call when I am ready. OK I have to go now I am at work…


5:30Pm Monday  
Phone rings…. It is dish network calling…

Bah blah blah… Yadda Yadda Yadda

Them: Ok, I need to charge you for the first month now, do you want to use the VISA you gave me or another card.
Me: Actually, I have some bills coming out of my account and I need to make sure they are covered before I pay for the service, can you put this on hold?
Them: Sure I can put this order in hold for you, just call this number when you are ready and they will be able to pull everything up and get you started again.
Me Ok GREAT, Thank you!

Tuesday….
Wednesday…
Me: Hmmm… Let me check my bank account to make sure everything has gone through and I have enough to get gas…
Bank account: $2.25
Me: WTH?!? There should be more in there… (I only put into checking what we need, the rest goes into savings... )
Bank account transactions: DISH NETWORK $55.09
ME: WTH? I thought that I canceled them. CRAP… Look for cell phone… Left it at home. No way to tell if the tech is going to be out or not. Call the kid… YADDA (stay home) YADDA (keep my Cell By you) YADDA Call me if they show up.

Kid in shower when phone rings… missed the call….

I get home check the message: No line of site…
Called the number the ‘tech’ asked if I had cut down the trees that needed to be cut down yet… Ummm NO, In apt. not house, not able to cut down trees, why no call to let me know that you are going to be out. Why no contact with person that is ordering the service
um don’t have to…
Ok so what now…
Send out a supervisor to check the line of site,
Ok today?
No you live in a rural area
?!?!? RURAL?!?!?! I live in Bellevue, that is NOT RURAL
Ok let me say it this way, we service all of Washington and we do have techs in your area but they have already been home for a while and I don’t want to send them out again. 
Ok so then tomorrow.
I connect you with Dish and they will set it up… OK... Hold music for 7 minutes… no one came on the line.
Hang up, call dish directly…  We are sooooo sorry for the problems you have had. We will get a supervisor out tomorrow. Okay great not specific time but they will call in the morning to verify what time you will be available… Fantastic, Thanks!!

30 mins go by, phone rings, hi this is Ashley with Dish network were you able to get everything set up? Oh wait the notes just updated, so you have been called and you are all set up for an appointment.
Me: explain the story ALL OVER AGAIN…
Oh I am so sorry to hear about that this is not how we want things to go at all…. Yadda yadda yadda…
Ok thanks – hang up…

15 minutes go by… Hi this is Jess from Dish network and we talked on Monday, I am so sorry this has happened to you, I hit the back button and I though that would cancel the order. I did not intend for it to go through
ME: I understand accidents happen. 

Them: well while I have you on the phone I might as well finish getting you all set up.  35 Min's later we are done.

Me: Happy… but crap I have a lot to watch on the Cable DVR before it goes back… oh well, I can get them all on line. Off to bed…

Thursday Morning… get to work. Hi all I am leaving at 11:30 today to go home and get dish all set up… Ok no prob…
Check email… Order CANCELLATION confirmation from Dish network… WTF?!?!?!?  Call number… I did NOT cancel. Well the tech canceled it since there was no line of sight… UGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

Needless to say I spent another 50 minutes on the phone. A Supervisor will be out at the house Today to see if I can get service or not.  FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Nope... no go , there really is no line of sight from my little nook in the world.  

The field supervisor that was sent out was very nice and did recommend that I call the competition, as they have so many more satellites and can get a different angle. 


No comments:

Post a Comment