Monday, August 30, 2010

Frustrated and a bit Po'd

So I work in a small office. Very small, we are talking there are now 8 people remaining in the office. When I first started working here there were at least 50 people. As something special for all of the employees hard work during the month the company would pay for a month end lunch for all of the employees. It could be Pizza, salads or subs. occasionally we would have a pot luck and everyone, OK almost everyone would participate.

Well as with the current economic times and down sizing has happened the free lunch has gone away along with most of the staffing. One job description has turned into MANY and I have the (ahem) pleasure of trying to make sure we stick to the month end lunch, 90% of the time it is a pot luck. we have some amazing cooks here and we have a theme of some sort including Mexican, Italian, Salad bar, Sandwich bar, appetizers... well you get the picture.

Any who, on to this month and NO ONE wants to do a potluck this month so we decide we are all going to toss some $ into the pot and get something. Terriyaki, no one person here despises it. Chinese, no too many carbs and fat and MSG, Sandwiches, nah kinda tired of those... Pizza, well I guess that would be ok.  We have only one Pizza place that delivers in the area and I went on to the website, found two different veggie pizza's a couple of meat pizza's. I let EVERY one in the office know what I was going to order.  Last week it was GREAT. Cool... I do a pre order the day before and let everyone know again what I ordered and how much it is going to be.  Of coarse, the one person that I could count on to have a fit has one I ordered a pizza specifically for her because she is sooooooo particular. I let her know what I have ordered and now she says, don't worry about me I will not be eating it any way so you should just cancel the order. WHAT?!?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! Ummm we talked about this last week, if is because they don't have Feta cheese I will just go to the store and get you some. So she walks over to my desk slaps a $20 down and said just pay for it, I dont want any change... walks away in a huff WTF?!?! Guess I am going to go to the store get her some feta and pick up a salad and some drinks. Yay me...

 Needless to say I am a bit put off by this and I am really tired of trying to make this thing good for everyone.  I am really thinking that next month if we are still here ( we are month to month at this point) I am going to just pass it off to miss Uber picky and see how much fun she has with trying to please everyone and make sure everyone is happy with the choice.

Ok it is now out in the universe and I am done venting, for now, unless she starts up again...

No comments:

Post a Comment