Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Weekend...Movies and Football

This weekend I took my hubby to go see a movie. Now typically I am a fan of the comedy or romance and this weekend we went to go and see the new Resident Evil movie ( in IMAX 3D). I was actually surprised that it was as good as it was.  Lots of action, a decent story line and lots of blood and gore for the hubby.  I even jumped a few times. I am actually looking forward to seeing if they make another one. 

After the movie, I had to drop the hubby off and head to the local High School because well I am a good auntie and I love my nephews a lot. It was football... now the hubby is really not into football and will typically only go to one game a year for each boy. I on the other hand try my hardest to go to every game.  Well, I was able to make it to the final 2 minutes of the Cubs game and was in time for varsity that was starting right after. Now the Cubs are 9-10 year olds and they try very hard but have not won yet this year. This particular game they were up against the TOP team, I was REALLY happy to see that my nephews team held them to 22 points! 

Next up the Varsity team they are currently 1-1 and the team they are going up against has some of the BIGGEST 12-14 year olds I have ever seen. The kid (if you can call him that) my nephew was going up against was 198lbs (my nephew is 145) and this kid was 6'8" TALL!!!!! my nephew is 5'8"!!! Where the hell did this ginormus kid come from???? What the heck are his parents feeding him?  This was the biggest kid on the team but the rest of the team was not small either, most of them were bigger than our boys. Now my nephew, I am beyond proud of... he dominated this big ginormus kid and kept him back when he needed to. OK so a few times the big kid lifted his arm and my nephew went right under but for the most part it was total domination.  I said it before and I will say it again, I am so proud of him and the job he did... even though they did end up not wining the game. 

Guess that is my queue to go... We have Thunder and Lightning going on right now... 

TTFN, XOXO
The Weekend Widow



No comments:

Post a Comment